Given the point-to-point and remote nature of the course, spectating for the Wild Earth Coastal High 50 is not simple! We ask that all spectators PLEASE ADHERE to the following instructions - ignoring these instructions may result in the participant you are following being withdrawn from the event. You have been warned!
- No spectators are permitted at the start line unless you are staying at Binna Burra Lodge on the Friday evening prior to the event. The start of the event will involve closure of the BInna Burra access road and we cannot allow additional cars on this road beyond event personnel and participant shuttle buses. YOU CANNOT DROP YOUR PARTICIPANT TO THE START LINE.
- That said, after the event is underway Binna Burra is a great spot to catch a glimpse of your runner as they pass through the first aid station: this is best accessed from the lowest carpark via the bottom entrance to the Lower Bellbird Circuit. We ask that spectators do not arrive at Binna Burra prior to 8am to allow the road to clear after the event start. Participants will pass through the aid station at approximately 24km into the race.
- Numinbah Valley is suitable for spectating BUT ONLY at the aid station at the northern end of the valley. DO NOT spectate anywhere along Nerang-Murwillumbah Road between the Numinbah Correctional Centre and NV Cafe as the road will be open and unsuitable for parking cars or standing to watch. Participants will pass through Numinbah Valley at approximately 32km into the race.
- Apple Tree Park is suitable for spectating HOWEVER there will be no spectator parking at this area. If you wish to view the event from Apple Tree Park, you will need to park at the Wunburra Lookout parking area approximately 1km before Apple Tree Park on your way out to the Springbrook Plateau. Note that parking here is limited. There is an adjacent cafe - do not park in any of their spots unless you are using their cafe. The walk to Apple Tree Park will involve walking on the road verge and you must proceed with caution. Participants will pass through Apple Tree Park at approximately 42km into the race.
- The finish line is the best spot to take it all in! The event precinct is located at the Settlement Day Use adjacent to the top of Purlingbrook Falls. There is opportunity to take a short walk and visit spectacular lookouts while waiting for your runner. The finish area is located within a large open grassed park, and if the weather is fine we strongly suggest you bring a picnic rug and enjoy the atmosphere. Map and Directions to the finish area are below.
COURSE EXCLUSION ZONES
Spectators are not permitted to view the event from anywhere on the following sections of trail:
- Border Track, Daves Creek Circuit, Ships Stern Circuit
- Lower Bellbird Track, other than at Aid Station #1 at Rankins Paddock
- Woonoongoora Stairs (also known as the Apple Tree Park stairs)
- Purlingbrook Falls Circuit - Eastern Side
Note that if spectators wish to visit the base of Purlingbrook Falls, we ask that you do so by the western side of the Purlingbrook Falls Circuit (runners will be on the eastern side of the circuit and the trail is open to the public - the addition of spectators will lead to significant trail congestion).
Finish line access
Parking will be available at the finish area at the Settlement Day Use Area. It is easy access from here to Purlingbrook Falls lookouts and nearby cafes.