Given the current and forecast weather conditions, coupled with the existing situation of stretched emergency service resources across the south-east region, we have made the difficult decision to cancel this year's event.
It is with much angst that we have made this decision, but we believe it is the prudent decision given the current environment.
We can appreciate that many will be disappointed by this decision, but please know that we have not made it lightly. We have left making this decision as late as possible to give the event every chance to go ahead, but at the same time we understand the urgency to communicate the cancellation to you so that you can amend your plans.
We have a significant amount of logistics to attend to in order to cancel the event, so we ask in advance for your patience as we will not be returning individual emails/messages until that process is complete.
We will still attend Springbrook (Matt) and Binna Burra (Chris) areas this afternoon at the scheduled bib collection times to inform those who miss this message; we will also attempt to answer any questions you may have at that time.
We will provide more information next week, but given the significant logistics involved in staging the event - for both us as organisers and you as participants - the event is unable to be postponed to a future date and will not proceed at all in 2019. Please hold on to any questions you may have around this until we have a chance to catch breath next week.
Thank you in advance for your understanding. We also wish to take the opportunity to thank QLD Parks and Wildlife staff for their support and guidance over the last several days during an already difficult period for them.